It's possible to connect your Android phone to Carleton's Network Drives through WebDAV. This allows you access the drives from anywhere on or off campus.
(Note: the screenshots in this tutorial were taken on an HTC One M7 running Android 5.0.2)
Connecting to Network Drives
Carleton allows access to the Drives from anywhere with internet access through WebDAV. ES File Explorer is probably the best app to use.
- Download ES File Explorer and launch it.
- From the Homepage, open the left-side Menu and Select FTP
- Press the big yellow plus button in the lower right corner.
- Select the option that says 'webdav'
- In the connection box that pops up do the following
- In the field that says "Server", type in
- Under Port, check the box that says Encryption(https). The port number should change automatically to 443.
- For username and password, simply input your Carleton account credentials.
- Display As: Here you can name how the folder will show up in app.
Press OK and wait for it to connect (make sure you're connected to the internet). Once you're done, you should be able to access your drives from the FTP tab: