This page documents the opt-in feature for a variety of automatically-managed course resources available for Carleton faculty. As of Fall term, 2018, there are three possible resources you can request for any course section you're teaching in the current term:
- A Google Group, useful for emailing everyone in your class, creating calendar appointments in Google Calendar, or sharing files and folders in Google Drive.
- A Dropbox Group, useful for sharing files and folders in Dropbox.
- A Course Folder on the courses.ads.carleton.edu file share, useful for student work submission and return, the sharing of course materials, etc.
Course resources requested via this form are typically available within 24 hours. Google and Dropbox Groups are automatically kept up to date with your course's teachers and enrolled students and should match what you see in Moodle; hence, if you add a course participant manually in Moodle (say, a grader or auditor) they will also be enrolled into your Google/Dropbox group automatically. COURSES is more complicated, but is unchanged from how it has worked for the last several years with the exception that course folders are only populated by request through this form, rather than for every section of every course. For more on how Course Folders work, click here.
1. The course resources opt-in form is part of the Hub. As a Carleton faculty member, when you log into the Hub you should see a new link under the Faculty Information heading called Faculty Course Resources. Click this link to get started.
2. You'll see a new screen with a simple drop-down menu asking you to choose a particular course section. Courses are named according to the year and term, followed by the course number and short name. Choose the section for which you want to request one or more resources, then click Submit.
3. Finally, use the checkboxes on the left to select one or more resources for this course section, and click Submit once again.