These instructions are based on Google Chrome and are not guaranteed to work on other browsers.
Instructions for Signing In
- Go to docs.carleton.edu
- Sign in with your Carleton NetID and corresponding password
- From that page, go to plus.google.com
- If you are not signed in with your Carleton account, in the top right of the window, click either the blue circle or your picture.
- Select your Carleton account or Add Account if necessary- in the long-run it's easier to navigate when only one account is signed in at a time, but it is possible to be signed in with multiple accounts however be careful which account you are in
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Instructions for Your First Time Using Hangouts
- You will probably need to fill out your profile. You can speed up the process by ignoring the whole thing - almost every field is optional.
- Move your mouse to the bottom-right corner where it says, "Start a Video Hangout"
- Click the button.
- It will prompt you to install a plugin. Do so.
- Close the window.
- That's it. You're ready to use hangouts.
Joining a Hangout
- Wait to be invited (keep the main Google+ window open while waiting).
- Accept the invitation when it pops up.
Using the Hangouts mobile app.
- Download the app.
- Log into the app with your Carleton account.
- Wait for the invite, then accept it.
If these instructions didn't work or you ran into issue please go to support.google.com/hangouts or contact the ITS Helpdesk at ext.5999