In order to print to Canon MFP, you have to installing drivers on a Mac for the Canon C5051s. The following is instructions on how to do so. If you run into any issues please contact the ITS Helpdesk at ext. 5999.
- The correct driver is the Canon PPD v3.05. It can be found on various flash drives in the ITS Helpdesk- you can also ask Austin. OR you can find them on COLLAB\\Departments\ITS\ITS-Shared\Canon Printer Drivers
- Double click the installer and accept all the defaults. It will require an administrator's password (either the primary user of the computer or the ITS account).
- Go to System Preferences (under the Apple menu), and selectPrinters (it may be called Printers and Faxes, Printers & Scanners, or some variation).
- Click the "+" sign under the list of printers on the left side. In the Add window, there are three tabs in the top left corner (Default, IP, and Windows) SelectIP
- Enter the following information:
- Replace CMC121H with the actual name of the printer. I also set the queue to be the color option, even though the Mac doesn't care.
- Select "Generic PostScript Printer" pull down under Print Using and select "Select Printer Software…" You will get a list of drivers, either in the same window or in a different window (depends on the version of the OS). In either case, enter 5051 in the Filter drop down.
- You may have multiple driver options. Select Canon iR-ADV C5045/5051.
- Click OK. Click Add, at which point printing should work.
If you do not have the usb flash drive, the driver can be found on collab.
I:\Departments\ITS\ITS-Shared\CSS\ITS helpdesk\Drivers, Executables, Config Files\Installing Canon Drivers to the Mac