Lists.carleton.edu (sympa) Decomissioned
As of March 30th, our outdated mailing list service has been decommissioned. Any messages sent to a "lists.carleton.edu" email address will bounce. Lists that need to stay active have or need to be migrated to Google Groups. For assistance contact the ITS helpdesk at 507-222-5999 or email@example.com.
DEPRECATED Sympa Instructions:
This article documents the process of download part or all of a Sympa mailing list archive. NOTE: you must be an owner or moderator of the list you wish to archive in order to accomplish the tasks below. If you require assistance with any part of this process, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at x5999.
- First, log into the Sympa mailing list system at https://lists.carleton.edu using your Carleton email address and password.
- Locate the list you wish to archive in the left-hand sidebar, or search for it using the search box in the upper right corner of the webpage.
- Click the blue 'admin' button next to your list to enter the admin console. In the examples below, we're using the list named 'its-test'.
- Along the top of the admin page for your list are a series of blue buttons. Click the one labeled "Manage Archives".
- In this page you can see a list of every month in which your list archived at least one message. You can select a single month, or use Control-Click to select multiple months at once.
- Once you've chosen the months you want to download, click "Download .zip archive" below. Your download will start shortly.
Sympa archives inside the zipped folder you downloaded are stored in folders named for the list and month. Inside of each folder are text files (you can use any text editor to open them, even though they have no extension) with the raw text including email headers of each message sent to the list in that month.