This is an overview of OnBase containing a directory to all pages related to Hyland - OnBase, the Enterprise Content Management(ECM) system at Carleton College.
Remote Work with OnBase
OnBase can be accessed for remote work in two ways.
Other Function-Based Considerations:
Other Remote Work and Data Protection Guidelines:
Who uses OnBase?
What is OnBase?
Where can I use OnBase?
There are three OnBase clients which vary where you can connect from based on the client you are using
- Unity Client - The OnBase Unity Client is a connected, next-generation document management system that offers the familiar look-and-feel of Microsoft® Office®. You can use the Unity Client to easily upload, organize, and retrieve documents.
- Web Client - A lightweight client that may be used on Mac OS and is optimized for work over a VPN connection or slower network connectivity situations
- "Thick" Client - The "Thick" client is being phased out. The nickname "Thick" comes from the reliance this client has on an ODBC database connection, which is "thick" in terms of setup on your computer
When to use OnBase?
- Working with electronic files/documents that require storage and retrieval through a single, secure, and efficient-to-use application
- Collaboration on files being stored across departments/divisions at Carleton via workflow
- Web forms that, when submitted, travel through a series of actions that represent a workflow
- A storage location for files which Carleton is obligated to retain for a set amount of time
- Hyland OnBase is an industry leading Enterprise Content Management solution
- Integration across other Enterprise Applications such as Colleague (The Hub), and Advance
- Redundancy of file storage
- Accuracy of indexing files/documents through the use of auto-fill keyword sets, e.g. lookup based on unique attributes
Directory of OnBase Documentation
- Access OnBase on a Loaner Laptop
- OnBase - Adviser tips and tricks
- OnBase - Application Enabler: enabled screens
- OnBase - Autofill Keyword Sets
- OnBase - Batch OCR
- OnBase - Budget Manager Reports via The Hub
- OnBase - Changing your default view
- OnBase - Combining documents
- OnBase - Custom Queries
- OnBase - Custom Query against the OnBase database
- OnBase - Delete Blank Pages
- OnBase - Disconnected Scanning
- OnBase - Document Retention
- OnBase - EDM Services (Electronic Document Management Services)
- OnBase - Envelopes
- OnBase - Folders
- OnBase Foundation EP1 - Web Client (18.104.22.1680)
- OnBase - Getting documents into OnBase
- OnBase - Getting documents out of OnBase
- OnBase - Import and separate a document
- OnBase - Importing and Separating a PDF
- OnBase - Requesting an account
- OnBase - Scan Format
- OnBase - Stipend Entry
- OnBase - Submitting an e-form
- OnBase - TIFF vs PDF
- OnBase Unity Client (19)
- OnBase - Unity Client via Citrix
- OnBase - Unity - refreshing the xml config file & enable AE toolbar
- OnBase - Version, Revision, Rendition
- OnBase - Virtual Print Driver
- OnBase - Workflow