Rolling out Identity Finder to a Department
Typically, we roll out I.F. to a department by scheduling a 1.5 hour session which has this agenda:
- 20 minutes - Group talk
- 70 minutes - Users boot up their computers, install appropriate tools, and run I.F. on their C and Home drives.
Topics to be covered during 20 minute group talk include:
- Definition of PII
- Purpose of Identity Finder
- Drives available to Carleton Employees (C, Home, Collab, Protected, etc)
- Implications of having a security breach
- What the following 70 minutes will look like
- Installation and Implementation
Following the group discussion, have all employees do the following:
- Return to their desks, with a copy of the Identity Finder Installation document in hand, and install I.F.
- Map the new 'Protected' drive.
- Run the scan on C
- Add the H drive and add appopriate 'Identities' to their defaults
- Run the scan on both C and H