- Insert the medium into the appropriate player. For cassettes, the slot is irrelevant - just make sure that you know what side you are recording from.
- Select the player on the audio switch and set Audacity's input to "Built-In Line-In."
- Press record in Audacity and Play on the relevant device.
- Check on the progress regularly - Audacity doesn't know when the media stops playing, so if you don't check often, you'll have a large silent tail.
- When the recording is done, press stop in Audacity and (if needed) on the player.
- Trim the silent parts from the beginning and ending of the track in Audacity.
- If the client wants the audio split into tracks, select each track (click and drag, shift + arrows) in the recording and copy them to their own projects.
- Export. If there are multiple tracks, export each track individually.
- For Cassettescassettes, be sure to check for whether the tape is double-sided. If it is, repeat steps 1-8.