- Click on the Start Menu, and click on the Settings cog-wheel on the left-hand side:
- In the settings window that opens, click on "Update & security"
- The information you need is highlighted in the red box below:
- As depicted above, the status of your updates will be presented
- If your computer is not up to date, click the "Check for Updates" button, and you should see the following:
- If updates are found, apply and restart the computer
IMPORTANT: Anytime you see a "reboot now" prompt, you need to click it - think within minutes, not within hours. This helps keep the process moving and minimizes the risk of stalling
- Repeat until the computer status is up to date